Policy & Guidance
- OPTN Policy 14: Living donation (PDF - 2.5 M)
- Evaluation plan guidance (PDF - 91 K)
- Template tools to document ABO verification in the OR (5/2017)
- Recognizing seasonal and geographically endemic infections in living donors (11/2014)
- Collecting follow-up data from living donors (6/2014)
- Identifying risk factors for West Nile Virus in living donors (6/2013)
- Identifying risk factors for mycobacterium tuberculosis (11/2012)
- Procedures to collect post-donation follow-up data from living donors
View additional patient safety policy guidance
- Journal article detailing strategies to improve access to living donor transplantation
Follow the Living Donation Playlist on the OPTN Learning Management System known as UNOS Connect, for professional education on living donation.
The playlist contains courses on:
- Organ-specific evaluation and exclusion criteria
- Informed consent requirements
- Evaluation of the living donor and more
UNetSM user steps for login:
- Navigate to Unet by visiting https://portal.unos.org (Unet user step-by-step instructions)
- Log in with your Secure Enterprise ID and password
- Click on "Resources"
- Click on "UNOS Connect"
Public access steps for login: