Policy & Guidance
- OPTN Policy 14: Living donation (PDF - 2.5 M)
- Evaluation plan guidance (PDF - 91 K)
- Template tools to document ABO verification in the OR (5/2017)
- Recognizing seasonal and geographically endemic infections in living donors (11/2014)
- Collecting follow-up data from living donors (6/2014)
- Identifying risk factors for West Nile Virus in living donors (6/2013)
- Identifying risk factors for mycobacterium tuberculosis (11/2012)
- Procedures to collect post-donation follow-up data from living donors
View additional patient safety policy guidance
- Journal article detailing strategies to improve access to living donor transplantation
The following living donation instructional recordings are available.
- Informed consent and psychosocial and medical evaluation for living donors
- New living donor program requirements: standardizing patient care
- The living liver donor: new OPTN policy requirements for follow-up data reporting
UNOS Connect is your resource for educational webinars for transplant professionals. Sign in to register for upcoming events and to access webinar recordings
UNetSM user steps for login:
- Navigate to Unet by visiting https://portal.unos.org (Unet user step-by-step instructions)
- Log in with your Secure Enterprise ID and password
- Click on "Resources"
- Click on "UNOS Connect"
Public access steps for login: