Compliance and evaluation
The OPTN evaluation plan provides guidance to OPTN member transplant hospitals, OPOs and histocompatibility labs on how UNOS, as the OPTN contractor, assesses member compliance with OPTN policies and bylaws. It is updated periodically to reflect the latest changes to policies and bylaws. Reviewing this information will help members stay up-to-date so they can revise their operational compliance procedures as needed.
The OPTN routinely reviews member compliance and performance using a number of methods. This document describes these processes and the frequency with which they occur.View the process descriptions
These resources have been developed to assist members undergoing OPTN monitoring and to help members understand their interactions with the OPTN Membership and Professional Standards Committee (MPSC). We will post additional resources as they are developed.
- Site Survey corrective action plan worksheet
- What to Expect: Performance Reviews
- What to Expect: MPSC Actions
- Questions and answers about OPTN member actions
- Policy-specific toolkits
- Transplant metrics: Transplant Program Performance Monitoring toolkit
Additional resources can also be located in:
- Data Services Portal in UNetSM – Access reports to help your institution track complete and timely data submission to the OPTN
- UNetSM help documentation – Access data definitions and field descriptions to help your institution submit accurate data to the OPTN
- UNOS Connect – Access learning modules organized by topic in the course catalog
OPTN committees produce guidance to help members comply with important policy issues.