These white papers are provided by the OPTN Ethics Committee for informational purposes to the OPTN Board of Directors and are intended for the operations of the OPTN. They have not been adopted as OPTN policy and do not carry the monitoring or enforcement implications of policy.
- Ethical considerations of continuous distribution in organ allocation
- General considerations in assessment for transplant candidacy (Effective 7/15/2021)
- Ethical implications of multi-organ transplants (PDF - 1 M; 6/2019)
- Manipulating waiting list priority (PDF - 257 K; 6/2018)
- Living donation by persons with certain fatal diseases (12/2017)
- Ethical considerations of imminent death donation (12/2016)
- Split versus whole liver transplantation (12/2016)
- Ethics of deceased organ donor recovery (12/2016)
- Ethical principles in the allocation of human organs (6/2015)
- Ethical principles of pediatric organ allocation (6/2014)
- Living non-directed organ donation (6/2014)
- Convicted criminals and transplant evaluation (1/2014)
- General considerations in assessment for transplant candidacy (1/2014)
- The ethics of organ donation from condemned prisoners (1/2014)
Not finding what you are looking for? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 782-4800. We maintain an archive of historical OPTN documents.