The OPTN promotes long, healthy and productive lives for persons with organ failure by promoting maximized organ supply, effective and safe care, and equitable organ allocation and access to transplantation; and doing so by balancing competing goals in ways that are transparent, inclusive, and enhance public trust in the national organ donation system.
With all of our collective efforts focused on patients, the goals of the OPTN are to:
- Increase the number of transplants
- Provide equity in access to transplants
- Improve waitlisted patient, living donor, and transplant recipient outcomes
- Promote living donor and transplant recipient safety
- Promote the efficient management of the OPTN