2023-2024 Call for Nominations for OPTN Board of Directors and Committees
Published on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Are you passionate about organ donation and transplantation? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a greater impact on the transplant community? We invite you to apply to serve as a volunteer for the OPTN! The OPTN is now seeking nominations for terms beginning July 1, 2023 on the Board of Directors and Committees.
Board and Committee members are volunteers, representing a variety of professional disciplines, personal experience and expertise in organ transplantation. The OPTN values diversity and strives for a Board and Committee system that includes a variety of perspectives in service of the donation and transplantation community.
The OPTN Final Rule regulates the operation of the OPTN. CFR §121.3 has explicit requirements for the composition of the Board of Directors and its Committees. The OPTN Bylaws also address the specific background/expertise needed for Board and committee volunteers.
Who can apply?
- Donation and transplantation professionals
- Transplant candidates or recipients
- Living donors
- Donor families
- Members of the general public
Visit the Get Involved page to learn more about service on the Board and committees and to begin your application.
While the OPTN welcomes volunteers with a wide variety of experiences and knowledge, it seeks certain volunteers with specific skills or expertise. These include, but are not limited to:
- Information technology design and/or management
- Legal and risk management and corporate governance
- Previous experience in corporate governance and leadership
- Banking and finance, particularly healthcare finance
- Public health, including community health and health equity
- Experience building and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
The 2023-2024 Needs Assessment has additional information on the specific background and expertise sought by various committees and the Board.
To apply for a Board or Committee volunteer position beginning July 1, 2023, complete and submit the online Volunteer Interest Form no later than September 30, 2022.
- All Volunteer Interest Forms submitted after October 1, 2021 will be considered for the 2022-2023 cycle.
- To update a previously submitted Volunteer Interest Form, follow these instructions. You can update a form at any time, and all previously answered questions will auto populate.
- You must complete or update your Volunteer Interest Form annually to be considered for open positions in the following year.
The Volunteer Interest Form is dynamic and will automatically generate some of your professional information if you are currently a professional within the OPTN Membership system or a returning applicant.
View the 2023-2024 Needs Assessment and List of Board of Directors and Committee Vacancies.
Applicants for the Board of Directors will be notified by December 1, 2022, whether they are to be included in the election for available Board positions. Applicants for committees will be notified throughout the review cycle as well as receive a formal communication by April 1, 2023, whether they have been appointed to an open position.
If you have additional questions about volunteering on the Board or Committees or about your application, please email email@example.com.