The Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) and Pediatric End-Stage Liver Disease (PELD) calculators are numerical scales used for liver allocation.
Policy & Guidance
- OPTN Policy 9: Allocation of livers and liver-intestines (PDF - 2.5 MB)
- Increasing utilization of deceased donor livers (PDF - 2.5 MB)
- Guidance: Medical evaluation of potential living liver donors
- Guidance: MELD/PELD exception review
- Expanding HLA requirements (Video - 4:47) [Exit disclaimer]
- HCC in liver transplantation: appearances are everything (Video - 59:15) [Exit disclaimer]