The OPTN is preparing to roll out changes to the Bylaws for pediatric transplant programs, beginning in 2019.
- Establish pediatric training and experience (8/2015)
- Revise pediatric emergency membership exception pathway (7/2017)
- Policy notice (293K PDF; 12/2017)
Transplant program sample applications
These are samples of the current application for primary program surgeon and physician. All programs applying for a pediatric component will have to meet the current requirements.
- Kidney transplant program and living donor kidney application
- Liver transplant program and living donor liver application
- Heart transplant program application
- Pancreas program application
- Lung program application
- UNOS Connect: QLT117: OPTN Bylaws update: New pediatric training and experience requirements
- Pediatric transplantation committee
- Pediatric transition and transfer guidance (PDF; 12/2018)
- Ethical principles of pediatric organ allocation (6/2014)
- What every parent needs to know: Transplant guide, by parents for parents (5M PDF; 4/2018)