Redesigned OPTN website launches September 26
Published on: Friday, September 26, 2014
The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) website (http://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov), a primary source of information about organ donation and transplantation in the United States, has been redesigned with a new look, reorganized content and a mobile-friendly design. The new site offers a number of new features to provide visitors with a more user-friendly experience.
The OPTN site receives about 620,000 visits and 2.8 million page views per year. It originally launched in 2001. Key audiences include transplant patients and their families, living donors, transplant professionals and researchers.
- The new mobile-friendly design allows visitors to access and view content easily--whether they use a smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. Research shows that use of mobile devices to access web content has grown rapidly.
- Improved design and usability will help visitors find content more readily and view it in a simple, attractive format.
- Video content has been added for professionals and patients to provide an accessible alternative to read-only materials.
Reorganized navigation and content
Several sections of the site have been updated or added for improved organization and accessibility.
- Policy Management was renamed Governance, which contains documents related to the governance of the OPTN, such as policies, bylaws, public comment and the evaluation plan.
- The Donation & Transplantation tab is now called Learn, with new Patient Education and Professional Education sections.
- Patient safety and organ-specific pages under Resources help professionals find important information, quickly.
We welcome your feedback regarding the redesigned OPTN website.