We recently posted an updated policy document on the OPTN website that reflects changes from these recently implemented proposals:
- Convert KPD Contact Responsibilities and Donor PreSelect Requirements from Operational Guidelines into OPTN Policy
- Modify Pediatric Lung Policy
- Improving Post-Transplant Communication of New Donor Information
Next round of policy changes are scheduled for June 1—make sure you’re prepared
- Informed consent changes for potential living donors - be sure to update your forms and internal policies. Read policy notice.
- TransNet Mandatory for OPOs. Read policy notice.
Review policy notices to see exactly what you need to do.
Searching for policy notices? They are now easier to find
Visit our newly organized policy notices page. At a glance you can see which policies are scheduled for implementation and when. You can also see which policies have been approved pending implementation and notice to members. Scroll down the page to see which policies have already been implemented. Links from this page will bring you conveniently to information related to each policy change, including the policy notice, the board briefing paper, the public comment proposal, and more.