Public Comment open from Jan. 23 through March 19, 2024
Published on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024
The winter 2024 public comment cycle opens Jan. 23 and closes March 19. The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering 11 items for review, including: three data collection projects, one guidance document, one concept paper, two requests for feedback, four policy proposals and a proposed strategic plan.
Comments and replies will be published on the OPTN website to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system.
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families, and donation and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide their valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy. Feedback will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET on March 19.
Items available for public comment include:
- Modify Effect of Acceptance Policy
- Refit Kidney Donor Profile Index without Race and Hepatitis C Virus
- Clarify Requirements for Pronouncement of Death
- Standardize the Patient Safety Contact and Reduce Duplicate Reporting
- Update Post-Transplant Histocompatibility Data Collection
- Standardize Six Minute Walk for Lung Allocation
- Promote Efficiency of Lung Allocation
Requests for feedback
Educational resources, including videos and presentations, are available to help the public learn more about the items.
All comments are reviewed and considered by the OPTN Board of Directors and the committees sponsoring the items available for public comment before developing final proposals for a vote by the OPTN Board of Directors. Learn more about the policy development process here.