Public comment open from Jan. 22 through March 24 2020
Published on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering 11 proposals for public comment beginning on Wed., Jan. 22.
Comments and replies will be published on https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/governance/public-comment/, to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system. Visitors can also share comments on social media, if they wish.
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy.
These are the proposals available for public comment:
- HLA equivalency tables update 2020
- Distribution of kidneys and pancreata from Alaska
- Addressing medically urgent candidates in new kidney allocation policy
- Enhancements to the National Liver Review Board
- Data collection to assess socioeconomic status and access to transplant
- Modify blood type determination and reporting policies
- Guidance on blood type determination
- Modifications to released kidney and pancreas allocation
- National Heart Review Board for pediatrics
- Update to VCA transplant outcomes data collection
- Measuring transplant outcomes by collecting data on children born to uterus recipients
There are educational webinars available that provide everyone an opportunity to learn more about the proposals.
Public comment closes on March 24. We review all comments we receive about a proposed change before the OPTN Board of Directors votes.