The summer 2020 public comment cycle opens August 4 and will close October 1. The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering eight proposals, one guidance document, and one request for feedback item for public comment.
Comments and replies will be published here on the OPTN website to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system. Visitors also have the option to share their posted comments to social media.
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide their valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy.
Items available for public comment:
- Align OPTN Policy with U.S. Public Health Service Guideline, 2020
- COVID-19 Emergency Policies and Data Collection
- Further Enhancements to the National Liver Review Board
- Guidance Addressing the Use of Pediatric Heart Exceptions
- Guidance and Policy Addressing Adult Heart Allocation
- Modify Data Collection on Living VCA Donors
- Modify Living Donation Policy to Include Living VCA Donors
- Programming VCA Allocation in UNet
- Update on the Continuous Distribution of Organs Project
- Updated Cohort for Calculation of the Lung Allocation Score (LAS)
Educational resources, including recorded videos and presentations, will be made available August 13 to provide multiple opportunities to learn more about the proposals.
All comments are reviewed and considered by the OPTN Board of Directors before they vote on the proposals to become policy. Learn more about the policy development process here.