The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is offering eight proposals for public comment, August 2 through October 2.
- Eliminate the use of DSA and Region in kidney allocation policy
- Eliminate the use of DSA and Region in pancreas allocation policy
- Expedited liver placement
- Modify data submission policies
- Clarification of pre-existing liver disease
- Data collection to evaluate the logistical impact of broader distribution
- Modify appointment process for Histocompatibility Committee vice-chair
- Continuous distribution of lungs concept paper
View information, comments and replies on https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/governance/public-comment/, to promote transparency and trust in the national transplant system. Visitors can also share comments on social media, if they wish.
We encourage patients, transplant candidates and recipients, living donors, donor families and transplant professionals to learn more about the proposals and provide valuable feedback to help shape U.S. organ transplant policy. At-a-glance summaries explain the proposed changes and why they may matter to you.
The purpose of these webinars is to give everyone an opportunity to learn about the proposals.
After public comment closes, we review all comments we receive about a proposed change before the OPTN Board of Directors votes on it.