Richmond, Va. - Members of the national Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) have elected 15 members to its Board of Directors, including a new president, vice president and treasurer.
OPTN Board of Directors also serves as the Board of Directors for UNOS.
These positions will be effective at the conclusion of the Board meeting on June 25, 2013.
- President - Kenneth A. Andreoni, M.D., Shands Hospital at University of Florida
- Vice President/President Elect - Carl L. Berg, M.D., Duke University Hospital
- Treasurer - Laura M. Murdock-Stillion, M.H.A., Ohio State University Medical Center
- Immediate Past President - John P. Roberts, M.D., University of California San Francisco Medical Center
- Minority Transplant Professional Representative - Christopher M. Jones, M.D., Jewish Hospital
- Region 2 Councillor - Michael E. Shapiro, M.D., Hackensack University Medical Center
- Region 8 Councillor - Harvey Solomon, M.D., St. Louis University Hospital
- Region 10 Councillor - Marwan S. Abouljoud, M.D., Henry Ford Hospital
- Region 11 Councillor - David Shaffer, M.D., Ph.D., Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Histocompatibility Representative - John A. Gerlach, Ph.D., D(ABHI), Immunohematology and Serology Laboratory, Michigan State University
- OPO Representative - Susan A. Stuart, RN, M.P.H., Center for Organ Recovery and Education
- Transplant Coordinator Representative - Craig W. Myrick, RN, CPTC, Intermountain Donor Services
- Patient and Donor Affairs and Voluntary Health Organization Representatives:
- Ray J. Gabel, B.A.
- Donald J. Olenick, J.D., M.P.A.
- Vicky L. Young, Ph.D., M.A., M.Ed.
NOTE: The Board will make a future determination on filling the term for Region 1 Councillor. The nominee for that position, David Hull, M.D., passed away during the election.