At its December 2016 meeting, the OPTN/UNOS Board of Directors approved the following slate of nominees for Board appointments beginning in July 2017. The OPTN Board of Directors also functions as the UNOS Board of Directors.
OPTN/UNOS member voting representatives will receive a ballot and biographical information for the nominees in early 2017.
President (vote for one)
- Yolanda Becker, M.D.; University of Chicago Medical Center
Vice President/President-Elect (vote for one)
- Sue Dunn, RN, B.S.N., M.B.A.; Donor Alliance
- Jeffrey Orlowski, M.S., CPTC; LifeShare Donor Services of Oklahoma
Treasurer (vote for one)
- David Axelrod, M.D., M.B.A., FACS; Vidant Medical Center
- David Reich, M.D., FACS; Hahnemann University Hospital
Immediate Past President (vote for one)
- Stuart Sweet, M.D., Ph.D.; St. Louis Children’s Hospital
Regional Councillors (vote for five)
- Stefan Tullius, M.D., Ph.D.; Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Matthew Cooper, M.D.; Georgetown University Medical Center
- Timothy Schmitt, M.D., FACS ; University of Kansas Hospital
- Todd Pesavento, M.D.; Ohio State University Medical Center
- Kenneth Brayman, M.D., Ph.D.; University of Virginia Health System
Minority Transplant Professional Representative (vote for one)
- Juan Carlos Caicedo, M.D.; Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Akinlolu Ojo, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D., M.B.A.; University of Michigan Medical Center
Patient and Donor Affairs Representatives - Donor Family (vote for one)
- Tara Storch
- Bob Veith, B.S., M.S.
Patient and Donor Affairs Representatives - Living Donor (vote for two)
- William Freeman, M.D., M.P.H.
- Macey Henderson, J.D., Ph.D.
- Heather Hunt, J.D.
- Megan Lewis, Ph.D.
At Large OPO Representative (vote for one)
- Charles Alexander, RN, M.B.A.; The Living Legacy Foundation of Maryland
Histocompatibility Representative (vote for one)
- John Schmitz, Ph.D.; Histocompatibility Laboratory at UNC Hospitals
Transplant Coordinator Representative (vote for one)
- F. Danyel Gooch, M.S.N., RN, CCTC; Indiana University Health
United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) serves as the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) by contract with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration, Division of Transplantation. The OPTN brings together medical professionals, transplant recipients and donor families to develop organ transplantation policy.