Due to a recent vacancy on the Ad Hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee (DTAC), there is an immediate need to fill one at large position on the Committee. Committee members are volunteers, representing a variety of professional disciplines, personal experience and expertise in organ transplantation. The OPTN values diversity and strives for a Board and Committee system that represents the community we serve. Therefore, members may be donation or transplant professionals, transplant candidates or recipients, living donors, donor families, and/or members of the general public.
If you wish to be considered for the Ad Hoc Disease Transmission Advisory Committee volunteer position beginning July 1, 2020, complete the online Biography Form no later than June 30, 2020. To update a previously submitted Biography Form, follow these instructions.
To learn about volunteer responsibilities and the selection process, visit https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/members/get-involved/. If you have questions about your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the work of the committee, please contact Pete Sokol, Transplant Community Administrator, at Pete.Sokol@unos.org
- At Large Position (1)
- Term: July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2022
- The Committee is seeking: Transplant Hepatologist
- Complete a two year term
- Agree to abide by the Conflicts of Interest and Confidentiality policy
- Attend, prepare for, and actively participate in monthly (sometimes more frequent) web conferences and in-person committee meetings (usually held in Chicago twice a year). The OPTN covers the cost of travel, lodging, and reasonable expenses for committee meetings.
- Participate in subcommittees, as assigned
The OPTN President-Elect appoints incoming committee members to fill open positions. Committee leadership will review biography forms and make recommendations to the OPTN President-Elect. Selections will be based on the needs of the committee and the OPTN for diversity in perspectives and subject specific expertise. To learn more, visit the OPTN website.
If you would like to be considered for this position, the deadline to complete a Biography Form is Tuesday, June 30.