Regional meetings are held twice each year during the winter and summer public comment periods. Regional meetings are an opportunity to influence policy proposals, prepare for upcoming changes, and hear perspectives from the transplant community about improvements to organ allocation. Here's what you can expect at regional meetings. New to the public comment process? Learn more here.
For details about winter 2021 public comment visit the public comment webpage.
Winter 2021 Virtual Regional Meetings
The safety of our members is a top priority. Because of COVID-19 health concerns, all Winter 2021 regional meetings will be held virtually.
The virtual format will maintain objectives of in-person meetings by collecting feedback on OPTN projects, as well as, learning about and collecting feedback on policy proposals and other public comment items.
Register and find additional meeting details by visiting your region’s webpage.
Region 1 - Monday, March 8, 2021
Region 2 - Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Region 3 - Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Region 4 - Thursday, January 28, 2021
Region 5 - Thursday, February 11, 2021
Region 6 - Thursday, February 4, 2021
Region 7 - Thursday, March 4, 2021
Region 8 - Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Region 9 - Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Region 10 - Friday, March 5, 2021
Region 11 - Tuesday, March 9, 2021
At a Glance Agenda
All regional meetings will include the below sessions. Check your region's detailed agenda, available soon on each region-specific webpage, for exact start and end times.
Discussion Sessions (1-3)
OPTN Committee Representatives present public comment items on the discussion agenda, followed by open discussion by attendees, and sentiment collection (OPTN representatives only). Committee updates presented by select committees. Check sessions for details.
Session 1: approximately 1.25 hours
- Heart Transplantation Committee: Develop Measures for Primary Graft Dysfunction in Hearts
- Organ Procurement Organization Committee: Clarify Multi-Organ Allocation Policy
- Future State of Organ Allocation: Continuous Distribution Update
Session 2: approximately 1.25 hours
- Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee: Calculate Median MELD at Transplant around the Donor Hospital and Update Sorting within Liver Allocation
- Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee: Update National Liver Review Board Guidance Documents and Policy Clarification
- Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee Update
Session 3: approximately .40 hours
- Membership and Professional Standards Committee: Update Transplant Program Key Personnel Training and Experience Requirements
- Ethics Committee: Revise General Considerations in Assessment for Transplant Candidacy
Updates and sentiment results: approximately 2 hours
- Regional Councillor Update
- OPTN Update
- Executive Committee: 2021-2024 OPTN Strategic Plan
- Member Quality Update: Performance and Collaborative Projects
- SRTR Living Donor Collective Update
- Announce Regional Sentiment: Public Comment Items
- Closing Remarks
Public Comment Items - click for information and resources
|Public Comment Item||Sponsoring Committee|
|Clarify Multi-Organ Allocation Policy||Organ Procurement Organization Committee|
|Modify the Deceased Donor Registration (DDR) Form||Organ Procurement Organization Committee|
|Develop Measures for Primary Graft Dysfunction in Hearts||Heart Transplantation Committee|
|Update Transplant Program Key Personnel Training and Experience Requirements||Membership and Professional Standards Committee|
|Calculate Median MELD at Transplant around the Donor Hospital and Update Sorting within Liver Allocation||Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee|
|2021-2024 OPTN Strategic Plan||Executive Committee|
|Require Notification of Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) Typing Changes||Histocompatibility Committee|
|Update National Liver Review Board Guidance Documents and Policy Clarification||Liver and Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee|
|Revise General Considerations In Assessment for Transplant Candidacy||Ethics Committee|
Winter 2021 Regional Meeting Updates
National liver review board (NLRB) six-week report (PDF; 7/2019)
Looking for presentations, agendas, summaries, and more from regional meetings?