Summer 2020 Virtual Regional Meetings
We have been monitoring the impact of COVID-19 over the past several months. The health and safety of our attendees is our top priority. All summer 2020 regional meetings will be held virtually. The virtual format will maintain objectives of in-person meetings by collecting feedback on OPTN projects, as well as, learning about and collecting feedback on policy proposals and other public comment items.
New to regional meetings? Here's what you can expect.
New to the public comment process? View the public comment orientation presentation before your regional meeting.
- Region 1 – Sept.15
- Region 2 – Sept. 10
- Region 3 – Sept. 2
- Region 4 – Aug. 19
- Region 5 – Aug. 20
- Region 6 – Sept. 16
- Region 7 – Sept. 3
- Region 8 – Sept. 9
- Region 9 – Sept. 23
- Region 10 – Sept. 16
- Region 11 – Sept. 25
At a Glance Agenda
Detailed agendas can be found on each region-specific page. All regional meetings will include the below sessions. Check your region’s detailed agenda for exact start and end times as they do vary by region.
Discussion Sessions (1-3)
OPTN Committee Representatives present public comment items on the discussion agenda, followed by open discussion by attendees, and voting (voting representatives only). Committee updates presented by select committees. Check sessions for details. Sessions are not concurrent.
Session 1: approximately 1.25 hours
- Guidance and Policy Addressing Adult Heart Allocation
- Guidance Addressing the Use of Pediatric Heart Exceptions
- Update on the Continuous Distribution of Organs Project
- Incorporating COVID-19 Related Organ Failure In Candidate Listings
Session 2: approximately 1 hour
- Further Enhancements to the National Liver Review Board
- Liver & Intestinal Organ Transplantation Committee Update
- Kidney Transplantation Committee Update
Session 3: approximately 1.25 hours
- Align OPTN Policy with U.S. Public Health Service Guideline, 2020
- Modify Living Donation Policy to Include Living VCA Donors
- Membership and Professional Standards Committee (MPSC) Update
- COVID-19 Emergency Policies and Data Collection
Leadership sessions and voting results: approximately 2 hours
- Regional Councillor Update
- OPTN Update
- OPTN Regional Review Update
- Policy Oversight Committee (POC) Update
- Transplant Technology Advancements and Innovations
- Announce Regional Votes: Public Comment Items
- Closing Remarks
Public Comment Educational Resources
View educational videos and presentations about proposals currently available for public comment below. Videos are presented by sponsoring committee chair or vice-chair with a frequently asked questions session at the end of each 15 minute video.
View all public comment documents on the discussion agenda here in the public comment book or view individual public comment documents below.
Summer 2020 Updates
Liver (All Regions except Region 8)
Liver (Region 8)
National liver review board (NLRB) six-week report (PDF; 7/2019)
Looking for presentations, agendas, summaries, and more from regional meetings?