We will implement several board-approved changes in 2016, to improve waiting list mortality for pediatric heart transplant candidates. We are completing this project in two parts.
- 3/22/2016: Part 1 - we modified the pediatric heart and heart-lung 1A and 1B justification forms in WaitlistSM to reflect the new status criteria.
- 7/7/2016: Part 2 - we will make additional changes to Waitlist and DonorNet®.
Here are materials to help you prepare for the changes. We will add additional tools as the project progresses.
Policy & Guidance
The board approved changes to the pediatric heart allocation policy in June 2014.
PowerPoint presentation (3/2016)
The following webinar recordings are available, to explain.
- Policy webinar (3/2016)
- System training recording - UNetSM logon required (3/2016)
As of June 2, 2016, UNOS Connect is your new resource for educational webinars for transplant professionals. Sign in to register for upcoming events and to access webinar recordings.
- UNetSM Users: If you have access to UNOS Secure EnterpriseSM systems: UNetSM, WaitlistSM, DonorNet®, TIEDI®, KPDSM and other UNOS-developed transplant applications, your account is already set-up and there is no need for you to register. Access UNOS Connect with your UNetSM username and password. This will allow you full access to the site to view system training recordings, register for policy webinars and view materials.
- Other Users: The first time you visit UNOS Connect, you will need to complete a brief, online form to register for the site. After that, you will have access to a wide range of UNOS instructional offerings and materials, except system training