The OPTN kidney allocation system (KAS) changed in December 2014. Here are professional resources to help inform you about the changes, and materials for you to share with your patients.
KAS two-year analysis (7/2017)
Equity in access report (8/2017)
The following KAS webinar recordings are available:
- Introduction to the new kidney allocation system
- What your candidates need to know about KAS (English)
- What your candidates need to know about KAS (Spanish)
- KAS resources for protocols and processes
- KAS town hall Q&A answer session
UNOS Connect is your resource for educational webinars for transplant professionals. Sign in to register for upcoming events and to access webinar recordings.
- UNetSM Users: If you have access to UNOS Secure EnterpriseSM systems: UNetSM, WaitlistSM, DonorNet®, TIEDI®, KPDSM and other UNOS-developed transplant applications, your account is already set-up and there is no need for you to register. Access UNOS Connect with your UNetSM username and password. This will allow you full access to the site to view system training recordings, register for policy webinars and view materials.
- Other Users: The first time you visit UNOS Connect, you will need to complete a brief, online form to register for the site. After that, you will have access to a wide range of UNOS instructional offerings and materials, except system training
Policy 8 (PDF - 2.5 M)
Evaluation plan for Policy 8 (PDF - 709 K)
Frequently asked questions (PDF - 131 K)