Skip to main content
Improve waitlisted patient, living donor, and transplant recipient outcomes
Resource Allocation Benchmark: 10%
- Improve longevity of organ transplants.
- Evaluate effective methods for assessing living donor outcomes.
- Enhance transplant program tools and education in the selection and follow up of living donors.
- Expand the use of collaborative improvement models to promote effective donor management practices that affect transplant outcomes and to promote effective long-term outcomes.
- Develop tools to calculate survival benefit to inform center practices, patient management, and OPTN policy development.
- Analyze outcomes for vulnerable populations, including racial and ethnic minority groups, age groups, and populations with physical/mental disabilities.
- By 2021, a decrease in waitlist mortality.
- By 2021, maintain or increase 1-year graft and patient survival rates.
- By 2021, an increase in the 5-year graft and patient survival rates.