Skip to main content
Increase the number of transplants
Resource allocation benchmark: 40%
- Pursue policies and system tools (e.g. donor offer filters) for more efficient donor/recipient matching to increase organ utilization.
- Increase the number of kidney transplants arranged through kidney paired exchange programs.
- Expand the use of collaborative improvement methodologies and models to increase organ utilization.
- Evaluate metrics and monitoring approaches for increased collaboration and performance improvement activities when assessing transplant program and OPO performance.
- Promote knowledge of and increase implementation of effective donation and procurement practices.
- Improve ability to perform analysis of refusal reasons.
- By 2021, a decrease in time from first organ offer to acceptance for kidneys.
- By 2021, an increase in national offer acceptance rates.
- By 2020, an increase in transplants performed through kidney paired donation.
- By 2020, an increase in utilization of organs from participants in collaborative improvement programs.
- By 2021, provide expanded communication and educational materials on decreasing barriers to living donation