Uniting people and information to help save lives
The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) maintains the only national patient waiting list and features the most comprehensive data available in any single field of medicine. Learn More About the OPTN >>
Waiting list candidates 122,318 as of today 1:21pm
Active waiting list candidates 78,280 as of today 1:21pm
Transplants January - January 2014 2,401 as of 04/18/2014
Donors January - January 2014 1,210 as of 04/18/2014
- April 17, 2014
Policy changes approved by the OPTN/UNOS Executive Committee
The committee met April 9, 2014.
- April 08, 2014
OPTN Patient Safety Alert: Hospira recall of irrigation/drainage sets
Specific lots of products manufactured by Hospira Inc. are subject to a voluntary recall issued March 28, 2014.
- March 28, 2014
Educational guidance recommends early patient referral for kidney transplantation
The OPTN/UNOS Minority Affairs Committee created the guidance to educate providers and patients with kidney disease about transplantation as a treatment option.
- Easter Sunday
- OPTN/UNOS Transplant Coordinators Committee Conference Call/Live Meeting
- OPTN/UNOS Thoracic Committee Conference Call/Live Meeting
- Administrative Professionals Day
- Level 2 - Family Empowerment through Effective Advocacy: Averting and Overcoming Obstacles to Donation in Today's Healthcare Environment
- National Webinar - Public Comment Non-Discussion Proposals
- OPTN/UNOS OPO Committee Meeting
- OPTN/UNOS Finance Committee Conference Call
- The New Kidney Allocation System: Resources for Creating Protocols and Processes